E-Market Place for Business, Research and Extension in Africa
The FARA Agribusiness eMarketPlace FAIR is a matchmaking platform that brings together agricultural stakeholders to facilitate partnerships and investments in African agriculture. It specifically supports governments, research bodies, universities and companies with access to knowledge and technologies.
Benefits of eMarketplace FAIR
- Increased capacity to specialize in high value & high profit niche markets in Africa
- Decreased losses due to guided access to quality partnerships & agri-business networks
- Potentially new products developed
- Potentially new markets developed across the continent leading to increased profits
- Increased capacity for adoption of new technologies, machines and equipment
- Agribusiness Platform – A platform to showcase the technologies and create partnerships between progressive farmers, industry, research and development centres, NGOs, government organisations and innovators.
- Business Platform – A platform where researchers can interact with supply chain businesses as well investors looking for investment opportunities in cutting edge technological developments in Agriculture.
- Business Platform – Specific speed dating discussions where agri-businesses can interact with other supply chain businesses as well as investors looking for complimentary business partnerships or investment opportunities.
- Policy Platform – A moderated roundtable for industry leaders and policy makers to interact on overcoming policy-related constraints and the policy reforms needed to position the continent to take advantages of emerging agri-business opportunities
- Government Platform – A moderated roundtable for industry leaders, investors and governments to interact on developing laws and regulations as well as tax regimes that will ensure ease of doing business within their specific countries.